Monday, August 6, 2007

Laughter Heals the Soul...

Ok...my boys are the CUTEST in the WORLD and I have the story to prove it!

On Saturday, I was totally bummed that my hubby had to go into work overtime on a project which meant that I would be with the boys ALL day by myself...again! That's not to say that I'm not happy to be at home with them, but ALL moms need a break--and I was at my breaking point, if you know what I mean.

Well, I decided that we deserved lunch out so we headed to Wendy's for a treat.

Just to set the stage for what I'm about to say, I have to let you know that YES I'm a country girl and YES I live in Texas and YES I have cowboy boots and YES I've worn them AND a cowboy hat in PUBLIC--and did I mention I drive a Ford Expedition???

Anyway, I was not in the best of moods and decided to throw on a little Hank Williams Jr. Good 'ole Bocephus sure can cure the blues. So, "A Country Boy Can Survive" came on and I cranked it up! During the chorus, however, I noticed that my boys were laughing hysterically in the back seat. Frustrated that they were ruining my "HANK" moment, I turned around and said, "What EXACTLY is so funny?" My 5 year old says, "He said that he can SKIN A BUTT!"

For those of you who AREN'T Hank Williams Jr. Fans, the ACTUAL words are "He can SKIN a BUCK"--as in a MALE deer! I laughed until tears ran down my face and I almost PEED my pants.

Needless to day, my blues were cured and I've got a PRECIOUS memory of sharing my love of Hank with my boys!

**This is part of the 4 Fab Moms Blog Carnival** CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

5 comments:

  1. Those kind of memories of our kids are precious. That is the best part of being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. You had me laughing just imagining it.

    Sherry
    http://sherrysplace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! It is always interesting to hear what they hear. My son is calling a boy at school Slave- his name is Slade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL

    Thanks for joining our group!
    I love little stories like these. I have a 21mo boy he's not talking, but we have our funny moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but think of Art Linkletter's old "Kid's say the darndest things!" portionof his show. Your five year old's comment would rate in Art's top ten!

    Major (Sherry's hubby)

    ReplyDelete